About Me

My photo
I'm a child of God, wife to Charlie, mom to three beautiful girls, daughter to Dennis and Susan, and friend to as many as I can meet. (In that order.) Welcome to my bloggaroni. :) Follow me on Twitter: thatsmykimjay / Go to my site: www.kimjay.com

Monday, June 22, 2009

Out-takes from the most challenging photo-shoot ever!


Well, I can say that because the subjects were my kids! It was really more comical than anything. My sister-in-law and I wanted to get the grandchildren (all girls) together to get a nice photo for my mom for her 60th birthday. To the left - one of the "keepers." But, bless their little hearts - we had our odds against us from the start.

First, we woke up to a big, dark cloud, hovering over what seemed like the entire city of Memphis. Then, I'm sure it felt like 140 degrees outside. Which, Saturday week ago was hot, but at least it wasn't this past Saturday!

Then, the mud. It had rained for forever, it seemed, before this day and the farm was a swamp! None of those cute belly-shots in the grass for this day! None of the lay-down-in-the-grass and look up at the sky pics! No, especially because we had them all in white dresses! Finally, two toddlers. 'Nuff said. I don't think there is one single image where everyone was looking at the camera, much less smiling! Poor Charlie and Jennifer were desperately keeping the crackers coming and acting a fool behind me.

Even with all that - these photographs are priceless to us. Each one of these precious little girls are so unique and extraordinary in their own way. Even Lucy and Anna are beginning to show their wonderful little personalities! Just thought it would be fun to share the "out-takes." Enjoy! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment