About Me

My photo
I'm a child of God, wife to Charlie, mom to three beautiful girls, daughter to Dennis and Susan, and friend to as many as I can meet. (In that order.) Welcome to my bloggaroni. :) Follow me on Twitter: thatsmykimjay / Go to my site: www.kimjay.com

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

True confessions...



This photo was taken in Williamsburg a couple of years ago. It was interesting to me that The Lord's Prayer was printed on a
paddle right along side the vowels and other grammatical knowledge to learn. A paddle. The Lord's Prayer on a paddle. Seriously. They were not necessarily about the touchy feely "devotional" time that we are now, were they? They got it done, or else!

Well, it's been like a week or so since my "priority time" started last week. Wanna know how many days I've done it? That was it! That one day. It is so hard in the mornings - giving up that naptime. There is so much to cram into that 1 1/2 - 2 hour window. Shower, work, exercise, cleaning, etc, etc, etc.

So, now what am I saying? All those things are more important to me than God. Ouch. I hope it's not true, but seriously, if it weren't - wouldn't I be skipping through the house on the way to my lovely priority time?

I know in my heart that once I get in the habit of it, I will eventually RUN to get my priority time with Christ everyday. It's like working out. People who have made a habit out of it, can't wait to do it. Then, they talk about it making all of the rest of us feel guilty, or making us feel that it's impossible to ever be that way ourselves.

So, what am I doing? Blogging. Ha! Guilt. Fatigue. Guilt. But, think of all I could get done right now! Guilt. I know God doesn't want my time out of guilt. He doesn't want to beat it into us with a paddle. But, maybe the guilt is a good tool to get me into the habit, that will get me back into the relationship? Good theory, huh? I actually think it is. So, guess I'm off to pray and read and love.

Here are the lyrics to one of Sara Grove's songs. She is MY FAVORITE artist ever. She sings what and where I'm feeling in my walk with the Lord as if she follows me around. Enjoy:

Past The Wishing
By Sara Groves

I’m standing at the foot of this mountain
Wishing so bad that I could touch that sky
But in the time it takes to make my wish
I never take a step and I never try

I
wish that I were closer to Jesus
But not enough to get me out of bed
For an early morning prayer before the
Rushes of my life take me instead

I'm past the wishing
Past the wishing
Past the wishing

I'm gazing in these deep well waters
Where the pennies of my life have all been cast
I’ve decided I am going to save my money
To do something that lasts

You've shown me my man of Macedonia
You're calling me further on
And I'm tired of saying it's a nice idea
I wish it could be done

I'm past the wishing
Past the wishing
Past the wishing

I don't wish that I could go I am going
I don't wish that I could be I am being
I don't wish that I could do it I am doing
By the grace of God I am doing.

I'm past the wishing
Past the wishing
Past the wishing

No comments:

Post a Comment